Awhile back I posted a video of one of many birds that continually ram its beak into our sliding glass door. I am not always there to wave my arms and protect them from a traumatic brain injury so I started researching ways to deter them.
Attempt 1: The lady at the home improvement store told me I would have to move the owl decoy almost daily to different places to fully convince the birds that it was alive, then she accidentally decapitated the fake owl in the store. I have a small balcony, and I was not willing to put forth the effort to move the owl every day so I did not purchase it. Here is a picture of how the birds have decorated my chair and another reason why I don't want them on the balcony.
Attempt 2: I chose something practical and aesthetic. However, as you will notice, it resembles a bird perch--and the birds thought so, too. They appreciated that I put up a new place for them to land, and it now made more noise as it crashed into the glass door than their beaks alone did.
Attempt 3: The giant bird eye beach ball thing. I thought from a distance people might think it is an Asian inspired patio decoration. I thought this helped cut down on some of the birds who don't like giant geometric eyes. After a huge storm carried it away, I found it in the grass three buildings down from mine. I was slightly embarrassed retrieving it and carrying it back to my place.
Attempt 4: I put up the iredescent bird streamers guaranteed to keep birds away. I thought it was working until I saw a bird fly right into the streamer. When the streamers blew away, I did not go looking for them.



No comments:
Post a Comment