Saturday, July 27, 2013

Momma Ray's Punchbowl and Mom Mom's Shower Dishes

Despite promptings from my mother to pass on my glass bridal shower hand-me-downs, I had an opportunity to use them recently.  They shall stay in the family and they shall be used!  I think my mother's urgings to pass them on in the past were simply a dare to use them or perhaps she was hoping to have more room to store Christmas dishes in my closet at home.  We were both excited that they were put to good use and were pleased with their long-awaited resurfacing and their flash.  Thanks to my roommate for helping me host this shower for our dear friend and for helping to make the table setting right lovely.


Ru's tip:  Place fresh flowers, such as the Peruvian Lillies shown here, in old tea tins for a lovely vintage look.  Place a small disposable cup in the tea tin to hold the water for the flowers and to help hold the flowers in place.
Su's tip:  Passion Fruit Punch (aka Cheater Punch).  This looks and tastes complicated, but it was simply my favorite Passion Fruit Juice bought at the grocery store and mixed equal parts with carbonated lime soda.  I froze some of the punch in a bundt cake pan to create a pretty ice ring that would later create slush for the punch and keep it chilled.  I had leftover lime slices that I had also put in the water pitcher. 




No comments:

Post a Comment