Monday, December 26, 2011

Blog Sunrise

Picture the orange, pink glow on the horizon; the cool morning breeze; the smell of forest pine; the crunch of rocky earth beneath your feet.  Then you see it--the big yellow blaze--the sun!  It's a sunrise!  Don't you just love watching a sunrise?  It is a beautiful miracle each morning. 

Well, this is the sunrise of my blog!              

How shall I compare my blog to a sunrise?  Hopefully my blog will have some moments of beauty.  Lord willing it will provide refreshment for some.  I do not watch many sunrises because I am not a morning person.  (I love watching sunsets, too, and those are easier for me to catch).  I probably haven't watched one, purposefully, in years.  Many years ago, a friend tried to convince me that I should write a blog.  "I rarely check my email," I protested.  So this blog is like me watching a sunrise in that it is delayed.  I feel a tinge of excitement when watching a sunrise as I am right now in creating a blog.

The inspiration for the title "Finding at Sunrise" is from my favorite little poem included below.
God is in every tomorrow,
Therefore I live for today,
Certain of finding at sunrise,
Guidance and strength for my way;
Power for each moment of weakness,
Hope for each moment of pain,
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after rain.
And each sunrise is a new beginning for His mercies are new with the morning. (ref. Lamentations 3:22, 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment