Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Mini Adventure

I was feeling a little restless and in need of an adventure.  I had to explore, see new sites, or find a treasure.  However, I was low on the cash flow and the time.  So, I headed out west--well only two and a half hours west.  I used the web to research four stops west of my starting point that I thought were interesting.

My first stop was a flea market surrounded by green pastures and hills.  The scenery was enough of a prize for me.



I did find a treasure, depending on your definition.  I have my good friend Charlotte in mind for this present.  She will even appreciate the tiny harvest corn inside that was a bonus to my purchase.  This piece is made by Jim Graham from Genesis Pottery.  I tried to find him on the internet, but I couldn't find the man I thought made this piece.  Anywho, I think you did a nice job, Jim.


I continued on for lunch at an old house made into a yummy smelling coffee bistro.  The potato salad was the creamy blanche kind.  


My next stop in my adventure was to take a picture of a beautiful historic bridge in the tiny town of Ozark.



My final destination was the quaint historic downtown district of Van Buren.  It was super cute; however, I only left myself one hour there before I had to return for I had some ballroom dancing to get to!  I enjoyed window shopping in all of the antique stores, and I hope to return to actually go inside them someday.  I treated myself to a large chocolate chip cheesecake slice which came in handy when I got turned around and delayed by a train.


Yay for more adventures and discoveries to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment