Monday, May 21, 2012

Celebrate the Small Stuff


In the midst of graduation parties and Mother's Day and birthdays and...all the fun events and people to celebrate, I was able to have more reasons to give thanks.

On a recent Friday, I arrived at my speech therapy room at work to find a student hovering around my door.  He said, "Come here.  I got something for you."  I was surprised and excited.  "For me?" 

"Yeah, come here. I want to show you."  He led me to my back door to a tiny unused patio where I sometimes let the boys take a shortcut to the playground through the bushes.  He had a little crate of zinnias for me and one for his mother.  I smiled and told him, "You made my day."

He spent the first ten minutes of the school day tracking down our Gardening Instructor and begging her to let him plant the zinnias in pots for his mother and me.  How precious!!




That very day after lunch, I checked my mailbox in the workroom.  There was an anonymous donation of $100.00 to go towards my Haiti trip (see previous blog re: garage sale blues).  I boo-hooed!  I was touched, humbled, and deeply grateful!  I wanted to thank someone but didn't know who to thank.  I told a few co-workers to spread the word of how thankful I was if they knew who contributed (as I teared up again). 

So these may seem like small things to celebrate to some, but to me they were so special!!


No comments:

Post a Comment