Monday, September 3, 2012

Tylenol, chocolate, and Jesus

I thought I would share a journal entry from this past week.  

2 Thessalonians 2: 16-17 "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."  

I sure need some encouragement today.  I found this quote in the devo part of my Bible:  "One of our greatest needs as human beings is the need to receive encouragement."

I am in great need of Tylenol, chocolate, and Jesus.  I need Jesus so much.  I feel so much better after spending time in His presence, prayer, and word.  I need to forgive myself for letting the frustrations of the day get to me.

I remember watching a popular female talk show host over 15 years ago.  Her guest was encouraging the audience to keep a journal of thanks.  I've heard this several times throughout the years.  I have started at least four different times to simply write down three things that I am thankful for every day.  By doing this your focus begins to change and you become a more grateful and therefore joyful person.  You begin to dwell on the positive instead of the negative.  Well, I have never stuck with this process, and perhaps I should.

I found a quote recently that read, "Everyday may not be good, but you can find something good in every day."  So I choose to focus on the positive things that happened today:

-A kind coworker looked at the pictures from my Haiti trip, and I looked at her family vacation pictures.  It was nice to share and catch up on each other's lives.

-I had a good laugh with another coworker at the end of the day.

-My roommate made a delicious chocolate torte, and we enjoyed chatting and munching together when I got home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment