Monday, February 6, 2012

Let Your Light Shine


Light.  It's illuminating!  I'm so glad we can see the light.  In light of this subject,  I recently attended a Lantern Festival and enjoyed the romantic feast for the eyes.  I enjoy looking at all the different types of lanterns, chandeliers, and light fixtures on Pinterest.  I recently saw a light fixture that opens like a flower opening its petals to the sun when the light is turned on.  

I looked up how many idioms and phrases we use with the word light in it.  Let me shed some light on the subject:  there are over 48 (I stopped counting). I tried to spread the light idioms throughout this blog post to see if you could find them (there aren't 48 on here, maybe 8).   I heard a sermon once about light and was reminded that light is always stronger than the darkness.


Here are some illuminating truths about light.

Psalm 4: 6-"Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord."

Psalm 18: 28-"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light."

Psalm 19: 8-"The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes."

Psalm 27: 1-"The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?"

Psalm 36: 9-"For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light."

Psalm 43: 3-"Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me."

Psalm 139: 11, 12-"If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."

Psalm 89: 15-"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord."

Psalm 119: 105-"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

No comments:

Post a Comment