I am writing today to encourage you to revisit. Huh? Revisit your readings. Sometimes I find myself trying to consume as much knowledge as I can. I want to learn so much, but how much am I absorbing?
I was recently very upset after an incredibly frustrating day. I found a passage that I love to read again and again. In fact, I have been reading it for over ten years. I go to it when I need encouragement to carry on or when I have been unselfish and ungrateful about my life. It teaches me again about power and to have a thankful heart no matter the circumstances. I wish that I could put this entire passage on here so that I could share that encouragement with you. I can't do that so I will tell you where you can find it. It is the story about "Mabel" in the book The Life You've Always Wanted by John Ortberg. In the story it describes a woman who has been bedridden for twenty-five years. When asked what she thinks about each day, she talks about how good God has been to her. I cry every time I read it, and I am greatly inspired.
Another good reason to revisit readings is to be more readily able to share them verbally with others (speaking to myself here).
Favorite verses that I frequently return to:
Matthew 11: 28-30Matthew 6: 25-34
Isaiah 40: 28-31
Lamentations 3:19-24
Psalms, Psalms, Psalms!!
No comments:
Post a Comment