Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Day!

Happy New Year!  
And Happy New Day!  
Yes, we have rolled over to a fresh set of 365 (oh, I think it's 366 this year) days.  Some may say it is a time to forget past regrets and hardships of the year we are leaving behind; a time to set new goals and resolve to start new diets, programs, studies, etc.; a time to forgive and refresh and move on.  For those of you who work in a school setting, you may consider your new year to begin in August for that is when the biggest changes of the year commence.  However, any old day (or each day!) of the year can be that new beginning!  You can begin a new exercise program any week of the year. His mercies are new every day!  May this day be a reminder that we are new creations and we can always start anew!

The word that comes to mind today, January 1st, is NEW!  Here are some verses from the Bible (NIV) that I studied during breakfast this morning.  

Psalm 40: 3  "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."

Ezekiel 36:26  "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Ephesians 4: 22-24 "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

I can't help but hear Steven Curtis Chapman's song "All Things New" playing in my mind today!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment